Reports To: Truck Driver/Lead Driver 1 or 2/Distribution Center Coordinator
Revised Date: 12/2018
Mission Statement: Building Lives That Work
Job Objective: This position is responsible for assisting the truck driver in the transportation of materials, carry out the Marion Goodwill Industries, Inc. mission statement.
Essential Job Functions
- Consult with store personnel to find out what product is needed to be taken to the truck.
- Responsible for maintaining open communication between store personnel and transportation team.
- Maintain confidentiality; ensure correct information goes only to the appropriate person(s).
- Present a positive public image for the betterment of the organization.
- Promotes special events with the direction of the appropriate person.
- Assist with ensuring all employee and customer concerns are communicated to the Truck driver or Lead Driver 1 or 2 in a timely manner.
- Transport various materials in packaged or bulk form to and from specified destinations, such as industrial sites, residences, or store locations.
- Loads and unloads donations. Collects and organizes donations utilizing space available.
- Assists in keeping donation areas neat, clean and donations booths empty.
- Prepare receipts as required for materials picked up or delivered after establishing product salability.
- Courteously and professionally greet donors and collect all donations, offering a receipt and supervising these same practices with all transportation employees.
- Prepares merchandise for shipment to appropriate locations. (Textiles, Wares, etc.)
- Assist with donation home/business pick-ups, ensure completion of pick-up and customer satisfaction.
- Works with schedulers to solve problems, remains flexible in adjusting to changes in operation requirements.
- Assist with performing administrative tasks, including: accurate daily/weekly/monthly reporting & scheduling with all employees and work services participants.
- Is aware of and follows all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Policies & Procedures, and ongoing training.
- Attend meetings/training as scheduled and integrate information from training into operations where applicable
- Work as scheduled, being flexible when needed.
- Ensure lunches/breaks are being taken on time.
Safety and Loss prevention:
- Relay truck maintenance issues to appropriate person.
- Follow safety regulations prescribed by the U.S.Dept. of Transportation and Federal Highway Administration.
- Operate forklift and other material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner while loading, off-loading, or moving materials within our locations.
- Assist Truck Driver in maintaining vehicles interior and exterior through pre-operation safety check and cleaning while keeping supervisor aware of any needed repairs in writing. Assist with monthly vehicle inspection.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and complying with all state and federal safety and health regulations as well as company safety policy and procedures.
- Assess emergency situations and take action as the need indicates reporting any such situation in writing and forwarding to the Safety Coordinator at the Corporate Office within 24 hours.
- Notify President/CEO of any property or physical injury by phone immediately.
- Provide constant surveillance of the entire truck inside and outside for safety and loss prevention measures.
- Assist with ensuring monthly safety inspections are completed and submitted on time.
- Ensure the safe handling and usage of rolling blue tubs.
- Ensure the compliance with the Hazardous Communication Policy and Procedure (chemical labeling, Safety Data Sheets, and training).
- Ensure vehicles are clean, restocks supplies, and maintains overall organization of the vehicles.
- Assist in maintaining dock and warehouse areas in a neat, orderly and safe.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work independently in a team environment.
- Prefer some work experience in transportation or related field;
- Must be 18 years of age or older, have command of the English language sufficient to communicate with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Must possess interpersonal skills with customers and employees.
- Must possess problem solving skills.
- Must have a desire to work with rehabilitation consumers, employees, and the public.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, squat, bend and twist, reach for extended periods of time; push, pull, or lift up to 70 pounds in a safe manner.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to pass alcohol/drug screening.
- First Aid CPR Certified if assigned by Safety Coordinator (training provided)
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, adequate personal liability insurance, and a driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance provider.
Job Location: Will travel to store locations, area residences, and commercial establishments.
Technology and Equipment: Computers with knowledge of Timeclocks and ADP Software. Commercial truck, light truck, passenger van, tow motor and other material handling equipment; pallet jack, forklift (when licensed by Agency).