Donate goods to help your community
The revenue generated through the sale of gently used donated goods, funds job training and job placement services for local people in need. Thanks to your generous donations, we’ll help thousands of people in the communities we serve improve their lives through the power of work.
What can I donate?
- All items must be in good, clean and working condition.
- Clothing, shoes, boots, hats, gloves, scarves, jewelry, collectibles and antiques
- Books, records, video tapes, CDs, DVDs, computers, computer accessories, phones, VCRs, DVD players, flat screen TVs made in the last 5 years, small appliances
- Household and decorative items, kitchenware, garden supplies, tools, office supplies
- Linens, blankets, curtains, towels, shower curtains
- Furniture such as dressers, tables, sofas, chairs
- Automobiles and boats
Good for the Community. Good for the Environment. Good for You.
We are excited to partner with Dell as we work toward our goal of zero waste! Any brand of unwanted computers, monitors, printers, scanners, hard drives, keyboards, mice, speakers, cables, and cell phones can be dropped off at one of our stores during business hours. Our associates will prepare the items and get them to Dell where recycled materials are used in about 125 different products.
Please be sure to remove any personal data from hard drives or other storage media before bringing the equipment to Goodwill.
Have a large amount to get rid of or having a community recycling day?
Give us a call and we can provide large boxes to collect computer electronics and pick them up.
For more information about Dell Reconnect, visit dell.com/reconnect.
Items we can’t accept
It’s hard to say “no thank you” to a donation when those donations help to fund Goodwill programs. However, we do need to refuse some items for being non-recyclable or containing hazardous materials. Other times, the item must be refused because it costs more to transport, repair or refurbish than it can be sold for in our stores. Our donation attendants are trained to know what we can and cannot accept, and will help guide you to other possibilities for donations we cannot use.
We cannot accept the following items:
- No household chemical products such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, and other environmentally-unfriendly waste products.
- No automotive hazardous waste such as tires, lead acid batteries, additives, gasoline, oils, antifreeze, etc.
- No large appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, stoves/ovens, washers/dryers, water heaters, etc.
- No upholstered furniture can be accepted at our Westerville location.
- No mattresses/box springs, including waterbed mattresses and waterbed frames
- No plumbing fixtures or building materials
- No firearms or explosive materials
- No cribs, car seats, strollers or other products that do not meet the current safety standards of the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, including recalled items.