Reports to: Senior VP Human Resources
Mission Statement: Building Lives That Work
Job Objective: This position is responsible for contributing to the Administrative Department’s function by providing a variety of support roles, including coordination of the Agency’s H. R. records and processing payroll; and performing clerical team support functions. S/he is to carry out the mission statement of Marion Goodwill Industries Inc.
Essential Job Functions
Responsible for payroll and personnel administrative functions:
- Enroll all new hires into payroll and benefit systems.
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, insurance, and 401(k) deductions.
- Work with managers to correct any timecards issues.
- Provide accurate and timely payroll documents to payroll service. Ensures that payroll is approved in a timely manner by all location managers and that the exporting and processing or payroll is done accurately and on a timely basis.
- Complete and analyze internal control management reports for overtime and attendance.
- Adhere to Agency document retention schedule and internal audit schedule.
- Oversee and approve employee file orientation processes, ensuring that all files are returned to the corporate office completed and all documents necessary are present; maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Maintain Human Resource information system records and compiles reports from database as needed.
- Process P.A.R. forms, assuring proper approvals; disseminates approved forms.
- Confidentially maintains all employee salaries, wages, tax information, and allowances; ensures that information only goes to authorized parties.
- Track monthly dashboard statistics and reports them to the appropriate person(s).
- Develop and adheres to internal controls for payroll and other administrative and H.R. functions as needed, ensuring that processes and procedures are handled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete file maintain including filing, retention, and destruction.
Assists and participates in special events i.e. Wheel-A-Thons, Annual Meeting, United Way Campaigns, fundraisers.
Maintains a positive, team-oriented relationship with all employees and department managers; presents a positive public image for the betterment of the Agency.
Report any accidents/incidents and unsafe conditions to the supervisor and assists with completing appropriate reports.
Assist with greeting visitors, answering phone, recording messages, relaying information.
Attend meetings/training as scheduled.
Follow all safety policies and procedures.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
Appropriately dressed in accordance with the employee dress code.
Associate degree preferred; 2 years payroll experience; type minimum 50 wpm; advanced computer literacy, including competency in email, Internet, Word, and Excel; accuracy and attention to detail. Multitasking and organization skills; ability to work with minimal supervision; knowledge of basic principles and procedures of payroll administration; ability to cooperate and work as part of a team; ability to research and evaluate data; desire to work with rehabilitation consumers, employees and the public; team-oriented; appropriate dressing and grooming. Able to pass background and alcohol/drug screening; maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and adequate personal liability insurance. Ability to lift up to 20 pounds in safe manner; ability to stoop, squat, and bend and to sit for up to four hour at a time.
Job Location: Marion Goodwill Admin. Office, Marion, Ohio; some travel to stores and workforce development centers throughout the Agency; travel to trainings.
Equipment: Computer, telephone; adding machine; writing implements; copier, facsimile machine, payroll software.