Reports To: Workforce Development Director / Mission Service Development Director
FLSA Status: Non – Exempt
Supervises: Grant Clerk, GETC Employment Specialist
Revised Date: 2/2021
Building lives that work.
This position is to assist in providing leadership and direction for management and operations associated with the Goodwill Education and Training Center. The primary goal is to assist in directing and ensuring the continued program growth achieved through established benchmarks, compliance with standardized systems of management, customized services to meet local employment and training needs, community partnerships, and identified funding opportunities.
Essential Job Functions
- Assures program compliance with all policies, procedures, and practices established within the department and is responsible for holding staff accountable for discrepancies in practice.
- Spearheads maintenance of integrity of data entry/management and accuracy of reports, documentation, and records, through quarterly site-based audits conducted by senior management followed by a written summary of findings.
- Plays key role in cultivation of strong collaborative relationships with current and new community partners.
- Ensures ongoing program evaluation of current process and implantation of new practices.
- Ability to articulate mission services and the ability to lead and motivate others to achieve established benchmarks.
- Oversees and coordinates schedules and workload of GETC programs and services.
- Participate in and gives input on all CARF standards and plans. Responsible for assigned areas within CARF standards and/or action plans.
- Responsible for development of training topics, training aides, and activities for the consumers, participants and Education and Training Center.
- May provide direction to participants about work tutorials and on-site mentoring.
- Provide career counseling to assist clients with identifying skills and developing appropriate vocational goals.
- Maintain regular contact with client to monitor and revise ISS as required. Provide 12 month follow-up activities after exit from program.
- Work with participants on case load in the development of an Individual Service Strategy. Assist with identifying and addressing youth barriers.
- Work closely with community agencies and staff of County Department of Job and Family Services. Make appropriate referral for service including the provision of required support services.
- Present and facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on training materials and methodology.
- Keeps accurate case notes and paperwork on all consumer files.
- Keep accurate accounts of all billable time providing necessary information for billing and mileage.
- Ensures that confidentiality is maintained in all areas of program operations. Barriers to employment of each consumer should be maintained and disclosed only as allowable under state and federal law, and on a need-to-know basis.
- Responsible for developing new referrals including calling, sending letters, prison visits, and community relationships. Carries out marketing strategies designed to maximize program utilization.
- Development of funding sources including grant writing, when available.
- Attends conferences, seminars, workshops and meetings of professional groups and other to further Goodwill’s objectives. Travel for training may be required.
- Follows safety policies and procedures.
- Appropriately dressed in accordance with the employee dress code.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Academic preparation at the bachelor’s degree level preferred or two (2) years associates degree with management experience accepted; must be innovative, with outstanding track record for partnering to address workforce needs; must be capable of effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through; requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written; must effectively lead, supervise, train, and develop staff; desire to work with rehabilitation consumers, employees, and the public; team oriented; appropriate grooming and dress; First Aid CPR Certified (training provided); credentials and criminal background check required; able to pass alcohol/drug screening; maintain a valid driver’s license, a driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance provider (or review/waiver signed by President/CEO) and adequate personal liability insurance.
Goodwill Education and Training Center – will travel to meetings, orientations, prison-based meetings/trainings; home visits as needed, some overnight travel to meetings or conferences.
Computer; writing implements; notebooks; phone; fax; copier