Job Title: ADC
Reports to: Store Management Team
Mission Statement: Building lives that work.
To assist the management team by delivering exceptional customer service that is timely and accurate; and making product available for our Goodwill customers to purchase in a timely safe manner. Carry out the Marion Goodwill Industries, Inc. mission statement.
Essential Job functions
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service, able to show customer respect at all times, and settling for nothing less than excellence while performing daily responsibilities.
- Observe the 10-foot rule, which ensures every customer encountered at this distance is aided in a polite and serviceable manner.
- Greet all customers with a pleasant, warm greeting and smile as they enter the building, direct customers to areas of the store as requested, and thank all customers as they exit the building.
- Promote sale of merchandise and special sale items.
- Demonstrate a professional, presentable appearance, including visible presence of the issued nametag according to Marion Goodwill dress code.
- Attend all training/meetings as scheduled.
- Is aware of and follows all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and ongoing training.
- Follow employee purchase policy as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Work as scheduled, being flexible when needed.
- Maintain confidentiality; ensuring correct information goes only to the appropriate person(s).
- Inspect and sort all incoming clothing, accessories, shoes, and other wares to determine if items are suitable for sale or should be salvaged.
- Prepare items for sale by sorting, hanging, pricing and/or tagging merchandise.
- Transport items to and from the sales floor.
- Place items on shelves, in bins, or on racks according to Marion Goodwill Industries Inc. standards.
- Face shelves, racks, and/or bins according to display standards.
- Remove/pull expired items from displays on sales floor.
- Prepare furniture for the sales floor as needed.
- Keep accurate records of processed items, carts or racks and report to management daily.
- Meet and/or exceed Marion Goodwill production standards
- Sort product at consistent pace of five (5) seconds per piece.
- Complete merchandise processer training.
- Complete donation attendant training.
- Assist and receive donated goods from the donors by helping unload cars & carrying donations in a safe manner.
- Collect and bag/box all donations brought in.
- Organize donations as they are brought in. Sort donations by wares and textiles. Utilizing space available.
- Provide receipts to donors.
- Maintain accurate donation records of total donors on a daily and weekly basis.
- Assist truck drivers in loading and unloading donations, as directed by manager on duty, in a safe and efficient manner.
- Retrieve and collect shopping carts and baskets, as necessary.
- Cleaning: (Inside and/or outside of the location)
- Follow store-cleaning procedures as assigned.
- Ability to pay close attention to his/her surroundings and alert management to any situation that seems dangerous and/or suspicious.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and complying with all state and federal safety and health regulations as well as company safety policy and procedures.
- Responsible for learning and executing all Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls.
- Responsible for safe handling and usage of blue tubs.
- Responsible for knowing the location of, how to read, and understand the Safety Data Sheets.
- Responsible for sanitizing and labeling of bedding, upholstered furniture, stuffed toys, and filling materials.
- Report any accidents/incidents and unsafe conditions to the store manager(s) and assist with completing appropriate reports.
- Attend monthly safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Must be able to work independently in a store team environment.
- Academic preparation preferably at high school level or GED.
- Some retail experience preferred.
- Must be 16 years of age or older, have command of the English language sufficient to communicate with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers.
- Must have a desire to work with rehabilitation consumers, employees, and the public.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must make a commitment to drug-free workplace culture and policy
Job Knowledge – Posses clear understanding of the responsibilities and tasks he or she met perform.
Quality of Work – Performs work correctly. Work is accurate, thorough, consistent and complete.
Quantity of Work – Demonstrates a commitment towards achieving results. Tasks are completed efficiently and effectively.
Communication – Communicates effectively with supervisor and co-workers to resolve issues and recommend solutions. Uses politeness and discretion.
Decision Making – Makes appropriate decisions to accomplish job duties or solve problems.
Teamwork – Works cooperatively with all levels of teammates, assists others to complete tasks, listens to instructons, seeks team success, and demonstrates a desire to meet store and company goals.
Customer Service – Protects, promotes, and enhances the Goodwill brand through their words and actions.
Attendance – Reports to work regularly and on time. Adheres to schedule and requests changes with appropriate notice.
Safety – Maintans a safe work environment, follows safety regulations, and actively contributes towards a safe workplace.
Must be able to physically sort/hang/display retail items.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, squat, bend and twist, reach for extended periods of time; push, pull, or lift up
to 50 pounds in a safe manner.
Emotional: Can be high stress. Regular need for communication and social interaction with others. May require prioritization in a fast-paced environment.
Job Location: Assigned store; some travel to other stores/main building may be necessary.
Technology and Equipment: Computer, pallet jack, and forklift (when licensed by Agency).