Reports to: Store Management Team
Revised Date: 9/2023
To ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and stewardship of Goodwill through donor and customer relations, processing donated goods, quality control, in order to maximize profitability and increase training opportunities.
Under the direct supervision of the management team or designee Wares Processor is responsible for sorting and quality selection of donations in to salable, salvage, and trash categories, pricing of merchandise, transporting merchandise to sales floor, stocking shelves doing mark downs, rotating merchandise and displaying merchandise, and facility security and maintenance.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Prices merchandise using our baseline price guide; special price items of exceptional value.
- When sorting and pricing, ensure items are placed in appropriate salvage lines if not going to sales floor per 1-Touch training.
- Keeps abreast of merchandise knowledge, industry trends and competitive pricing. Continually learning brands, collectibles.
- Keeps the pricing area clean and organized.
- Transports merchandise throughout overall facility, including but not limited to sales floor, dock area, donor door, etc.
- Transports trash to compactor/dumpster and operate compactor as needed.
- Adheres to all Goodwill and personnel policies and procedures; follow good safety and security practices including reporting safety hazards and injuries to the store manager and management team.
- Work Quality – Appropriate processing, selection and stewardship of donations.
- Work Quantity – Consistently meet production count goals of 4 carts per hour.
- Performs assigned duties within the framework of our Guiding Principles:
- Using data for operational productivity
- We are committed to providing outstanding customer service.
- Greeting donors and shoppers within 10 seconds.
- Maintaining a clean, neat, organized, and safe facility. The image of the store reflects Goodwill, the manager, and the team.
- Stocking our store with full and fresh products.
- All donations should be processed within 24 hours.
- Avoiding piles – If you have a pile, we have a problem.
- May be asked to participate in activities outside of Goodwill.
- Attends in-service and related training as assigned by Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Able to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive, friendly attitude and a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Regular attendance at the job, requiring teamwork and interaction with others.
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Ability to develop, provide and maintain effective working relationships with team leader, team members, customers, and clients.
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
- Must be willing and able to work as scheduled to meet the needs of the store.
- Must make a commitment to drug-free workplace culture and policy.
- Able to stand, bend and reach.
- Able to lift, push, pull, carry or otherwise move up to forty (40) pounds with no support regularly. Over forty (40) pounds request for additional team member assistance as needed.
- Able to perform tasks that require repetitive motion. Manual dexterity is required.
Critical Performance Factors (CPF):
- Sales vs. Budget (Location vs goal)
- Transaction Value (Location vs LY)
- Sales vs. Budget
- Production Assigned Category Sell Thru % (individual vs. Goodwill)
- Customer Service – 10 second rule internal and external customers, smile, integrity of process and feedback.
- Department Ownership – Takes proactive approach to add value (Image/workstation/Productivity/Communication)
- Transaction Value – Location vs. Goodwill
- Work Quantity – Consistently meets production count goals pricing and sell though metrics.
- Reporting – Accuracy of production documentation
- Learning – Stay s abreast of competitive pricing, customer preferences, continually learning brands, antiques, collectibles.
- Work Integrity – follows established procedures timely with a sense of urgency.
- Work Quality – Attitude, sense of urgency, image, productivity, individual safety performance.
- Attendance – works schedule as assigned, notify leadership as needed with no recurring issues.
- Safety – Goodwill metric score
- Role Model Worker % of RFT TMs (# of Full Time TMs that are RMW/MA vs non-RMW by %) vs goal
Job Location: Assigned store; some travel to other stores/main building may be necessary.
Technology and Equipment: Computer, I pad, supplies, pallet jack, and forklift (when licensed by Agency).