Reports To: Senior VPHR & Mission Services
Supervises: Mission Programs and Staff
Mission Statement: Building lives that work.
Job Objective: This position is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of mission program operations and compliance. S/he is to carry out the Mission Statement of Marion Goodwill Industries Inc.
Essential Job Functions
Grant Administration duties include:
- Writes and submits grant applications with the approval of Supervisor.
- Analyze and manage assigned grant programs ensuring compliance with grant budget, guidelines, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance with the 2CFR Part 200 Uniform Administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements for Federal Awards.
- Acts as the liaison with staff, partnering agencies, and consumers.
- Oversees that files and reports are completed and accurate to services provided.
- Supervision of grant staff.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partnership agencies, community organizations, and any other internal and external contacts.
- Ensure compliance on internal audits.
Education and Training Center duties include:
- Oversees the Education and Training Center(s) program ensuring that quality services that meet community needs are being delivered.
- Establish, maintain and improve mission departmental goals and benchmarks.
- Developing marketing strategies designed to maximize program utilization.
- Ensure accurate account of all billable time and mileage. Provide necessary information to the accounting department for billing.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate department staff.
- Oversee that required trainings are completed.
- Input in developing all CARF standards and plans within Mission Services. Responsible for assigned responsibility within CARF standards and/or action plans within Mission Services. Communicate with Supervisor on areas of concerns or completed areas.
- Serve on the Board CARF and Personnel committee.
Communication duties include:
- Regular organizational updates on mission activities and successes.
- Responsible for staff participation in mission status communications.
- Prepares monthly reports for Board on Mission data and outcomes.
- Provide complete written reports as required by referral agencies.
- Provide to the Board of Directors semiannual reports of consumer and staff activity and outcome measurement reports.
Maintain a positive team-oriented relationship with all employees and department managers; present a positive public image for the betterment of the Agency.
Assess emergency situations and act as the need indicates. Complete required paperwork.
Maintain confidentiality; ensures correct information goes only to the appropriate person(s).
Attend meetings/trainings as assigned.
Appropriately dressed in accordance with the employee dress code.
Perform other related duties as assigned or directed.
- Bachelor Degree preferred or five years’ related work experience accepted
- Computer literacy, including competency with spreadsheets and word processing software
- Accuracy in working
- Multitasking and organization skill
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, customers and management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work independently and with frequent interruptions
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and tact
- Desire to work with rehabilitation clients, employees and the public
- Team orientation
- Must be physically capable of lifting, stooping, squatting, standing, walking, reaching, bending
- Appropriate dressing and grooming
- Credential and criminal background check required
- First aid CPR certified (training provided);
- Ability to pass alcohol/drug screening
- A driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance provider and adequate personal liability insurance.
Job Location: Community based sites, Goodwill facilities; some travel to work sites, meetings and conferences.
Equipment: Computers with knowledge of, but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook and QuickBooks; adding machine, fax machine, copiers