Reports To: Distribution Center Coordinator
Mission Statement: Building Lives That Matter
Job Objective: This position is responsible for the safe operation of a commercial truck (capacity over three tons), light truck (capacity under three tons), or passenger van while in the process of transporting materials as required, carry out the Marion Goodwill Industries, Inc. mission statement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follows safety regulations prescribed by the U.S.Dept. of Transportation and Federal Highway Administration.
- Maintains vehicles interior and exterior through daily pre-operation safety check and cleaning while keeping supervisor aware of any needed repairs in writing. Responsible for monthly vehicle inspection.
- Transports various materials in packaged or bulk form to and from specified destinations, such as industrial sites, residences, or store locations.
- Operates forklift and other material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner while loading, off-loading, or moving materials within our locations.
- Prepares receipts as required for materials picked up or delivered after establishing product saleability.
- Assists in maintaining dock area in a neat, orderly and safe manner.
- Works with schedulers to solve problems, remains flexible in adjusting to changes in operation requirements.Maintains a positive, professional, and courteous image while dealing with internal and external persons for the betterment of the organization.
- Attends trainings/meetings as scheduled.
- Is aware of and follows all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and ongoing training.
- Ensures compliance with all safety practices and regulations, report all accident/incidents and unsafe conditions, completes proper reports and gives them to the supervisor.
- Must successfully complete Goodwill driver training class.Responsible for reporting any infractions, personal or work related on current driving record (traffic tickets, accidents, etc.).
- Maintains confidentiality; ensures correct information goes only to the appropriate person(s).
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Works as scheduled, being flexible when needed.
- Appropriately dressed in accordance with the employee dress code.
- Performs various other duties as assigned.
- Academic preparation at high school level preferred
- Maintains a current valid Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance provider and has at least two years experience in a transportation related field
- Desire to work with rehabilitation consumers, employees and the public
- Team oriented
- Physical ability to lift up to seventy (70) pounds in a safe manner or obtain a safe method of doing so
- Appropriate grooming and dressing
- Able to pass alcohol/drug screening
Job Location: Will travel to store locations, area residences, and commercial establishments.
Equipment: Commercial truck, light truck, passenger van, tow motor and other material handling equipment.