Job Title: Store Janitorial Worker
Reports To: Vice President Strategic Development
FLSA Status: Non – Exempt
Revised Date: 12/2021
Mission Statement: Building Lives That Work
This position is responsible for satisfactorily cleaning the assigned job location.
Essential Job Functions
Clean break room furniture and floors.
Dust mop and mop all applicable floors.
Clean restrooms and make sure all have a sufficient supply of paper.
Clean entry way glass on doors and windows.
Empty all trash cans.
Monthly conduct first aid kit inspections; Fill any needed items.
Do special cleaning as requested.
Be aware of safety policies and procedures of the company and attend regularly scheduled safety training.
Know where the SDS sheets are and have knowledge of proper emergency medical procedure.
Report all accidents/incidents to the supervisor and complete the proper reports.
Attend regularly scheduled trainings/meetings.
Follows all safety policies and procedures.
Appropriately dressed in accordance with the employee dress code.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Basic Job Skills:
- Must be able to work independently in a team environment.
- High school graduate with further preparation preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older, have command of the English language sufficient to communicate with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with customers and employees.
- Must possess problem solving skills.
- Must have a desire to work with rehabilitation consumers, employees, and the public.
- Must be able to physically sort retail items.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to pass alcohol/drug screening.
- First Aid CPR Certified if assigned by Safety Coordinator (training provided)
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, adequate personal liability insurance, and a driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance provider.
Job Knowledge – Posses clear understanding of the responsibilities and tasks he or she met perform.
Quality of Work – Performs work correctly. Work is accurate, thorough, consistent and complete.
Quantity of Work – Demonstrates a commitment towards achieving results. Tasks are completed efficiently and effectively.
Communication – Communicates effectively with supervisor and co-workers to resolve issues and recommend solutions. Uses politeness and discretion.
Decision Making – Makes appropriate decisions to accomplish job duties or solve problems.
Teamwork – Works cooperatively with all levels of teammates, assists others to complete tasks, listens to instructions, seeks team success, and demonstrates a desire to meet store and company goals.
Customer Service – Protects, promotes, and enhances the Goodwill brand through their words and actions.
Attendance – Reports to work regularly and on time. Adheres to schedule and requests changes with appropriate notice.
Safety – Maintains a safe work environment, follows safety regulations, and actively contributes towards a safe workplace.
The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 5% of the time, as well as stand, stoop, bend, squat, pushing and pulling is required.
Heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of about 50 lbs. of force (e.g., moving pallet jack, gaylords, pallets, blue tubs) may be required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
Emotional: Will be minimal stress. Regular need for communication and social interaction with others. May require prioritization in a fast-paced environment.
Traveling to assigned retail stores.
Technology and Equipment
Timeclock; Cleaning supplies such as mops, disinfectant, brooms, polish, etc.