Mission Statement: Building Lives that Work
- Maintain an orderly and functional shipping area.
- Prepare and process purchased items for shipping.
- Appropriately wrap and package all merchandise according to size, weight and fragility.
- Weighing packages accurately to ensure proper postage is used.
- Access shipper computer programs.
- Generate shipping labels and required documentation to ship packages.
- Ensure all packages are shipped within 3-5 days of payment.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and the maintenance and security of equipment.
- Meet and/or exceed Marion Goodwill Shopgoodwill production standards.
Cleaning: (Inside and/or outside of the location)
- Follow store-cleaning procedures as assigned.
- Ability to pay close attention to his/her surroundings and alert management to any situation that seems dangerous and/or suspicious.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and complying with all state and federal safety and health regulations as well as company safety policy and procedures.
- Responsible for learning and executing all Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls.
- Responsible for safe handling and usage of blue tubs.
- Responsible for knowing the location of, how to read, and understand the Safety Data Sheets.
- Responsible for sanitizing and labeling of bedding, upholstered furniture, stuffed toys, and filling materials.
- Report any accidents/incidents and unsafe conditions to the store manager(s) and assists with completing appropriate reports.
- Attends monthly safety meetings.
- Ability to operate personal computer with knowledge of pertinent programs as specified by needs.
- Ability to operate Windows O/S computer.
- Must be able to work independently in a store team environment.
- Must be 16 years of age or older, have command of the English language sufficient to communicate with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with customers and employees.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, squat, bend and twist, reach for extended periods of time; push, pull, or lift up to 50 pounds in a safe manner.
- Must have a desire to work with rehabilitation consumers, employees, and the public.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to pass alcohol/drug screening.