Supervises: Store Employees
Reports to: Store Manager
Revised Date: 9/2023
To ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and stewardship of Goodwill to maximize profitability and increase training opportunities.
Under the supervision of the Store Manager, the Shift Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of operating a Goodwill Store.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Under the supervision of the Store Manager, the Shift Supervisor trains, develops, supervises, and evaluates team members within the framework of Goodwill policies and procedures and job descriptions.
- Operates the store within budgeted expense to revenue ratios and donor value.
- Ensures good stewardship of all donations, through proper handling and processing of incoming donation flow in and out of the store in accordance with Goodwill policies and procedures.
- Under the supervision of the Store Manager, the Shift Supervisor schedules/maintains labor and payroll in accordance with Goodwill policies and procedures.
- Responsible for image, maintenance, loss prevention, safety, and security of Goodwill in accordance with Goodwill policies and procedures.
- Under supervision of the Store Manager, the Shift Supervisor is responsible for ordering and maintaining supplies and all other Goodwill property in a secure manner in accordance with the established budget and practices.
- Under the supervision of the Store Manager, the Shift Supervisor is responsible for:
- Cash handling
- Comment cards
- Monthly Safety Site Inspection
- Incident/Accident reports
- Petty Cash and Expense Reports
- Purchase and supply orders
- Quarterly PLU Reports and analysis
- Team Meeting Minutes
- Weekly Scheduler with two weeks scheduled for all team members.
- WESA Reports completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work requests (Facility Maintenance and Information Support)
- Maintains compliance with Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facility (CARF) standards.
- Keeps informed of product knowledge, industry trends, and competitive pricing through comparative shopping of competitors (e.g., full or discount retail, consignment, and second-hand thrift.)
- Performs assigned duties and management responsibilities within the framework of our Guiding Principles:
- Using data for operational productivity
- We are committed to providing outstanding customer service.
- Greeting donors and shoppers within 10 seconds.
- Maintaining a clean, neat, organized, and safe facility. The image of the store reflects Goodwill, the manager, and the team.
- Stocking our store with full and fresh product.
- All donations should be processed within 24 hours.
- Avoiding piles – If you have a pile, we have a problem.
- Attends in-service and related training as assigned by the Store Manager.
- May be asked to participate in activities outside of Goodwill.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Minimum of two years of management/supervisory experience in a business (retail) setting preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Must pass NorthStar test.
- Must be available to work when scheduled to meet the needs of the store.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation.
- Scheduling: Must close two nights per week minimum, no more than one weekend off per month and cannot overlap with another member of leadership.
- Must make a commitment to drug-free workplace culture and policy.
- Able to bend, reach and stand for extensive periods of time and lift up to forty (40) pounds. May be required to lift heavier goods/items with the assistance of another team member.
- Able to perform tasks that require repetitive motion, i.e., tagging or hanging clothes. Manual dexterity is required.
Critical Performance Factors (CPF):
- Efficiency (Location vs goal)
- Transaction Value (Location vs goal)
- Donor Value (Location vs goal)
- Sales per Labor Hour vs LY (Location vs goal)
- Sales vs Budget (Location vs goal)
- Payroll as a Percent of Revenue (Location vs goal)
- Budgeted Profit vs Actual Profit (Location vs goal)
- Retention (New Hire 90 -day retention and annual retention vs LY)
- Role Model Worker % of RFT TMs (# of Full Time TMs that are RMW/MA vs non-RMW by %) vs goal
- Customer Service (Internal and External)
- Image (Goodwill, Team, and Signage)
- Change Round up as a % of Transactions (>30% and higher than previous year)
- Administration – Performance management/Training (zero overdue)
- Reporting-Quarterly Business Unit, Team Meeting Minutes, Safety, Over/Short
- Operations – Goodwill Internal Audit metric score
- Safety – Goodwill Safety metric score