Reports to: Store Management Team
Revised Date: 9/2023
To ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and stewardship of Goodwill and security of corporate assets through donor and customer relations, processing donated goods, and quality control, to maximize profitability.
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor or designee, the Sales Floor Associate is responsible for providing world-class customer service, maintaining workplace and work area with cleanliness and orderliness, rotating, displaying merchandise, stocking shelves and racks.
- Greets customers in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner; assist customers with prices, location, and information on merchandise, providing outstanding customer service.
- Communication – Actively listens, clearly gets points across
- Positive can-do attitude always.
- Ethics – High integrity, does the right thing, reports concerns to leadership right away.
- Image – Neat, clean and welcoming appearance and disposition n.
- Maintains Goodwill sales floor, and dressing rooms free of dust, dirt, fallen merchandise, and clutter; removes hangers from cash wrap.
- Responsible for hanging apparel racks, placing wares on sales floor and display/rotation of merchandise.
- Responsible for floor recovery and cleaning as assigned.
- Work quality – sense of urgency, detailed and expedient.
- Work quantity – Processes 1 cart of hard goods, or 1 full rack of 100 units in and out per hour as applicable with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Adheres to all Goodwill and personnel policies and procedures; follow good safety practices including reporting safety hazards and injuries to the Team Leader Coach or Associate Team Leader.
- Performs assigned duties within the framework of our Guiding Principles:
- Using data for operational productivity
- We are committed to providing outstanding customer service.
- Greeting donors and shoppers within 10 seconds.
- Maintaining a clean, neat, organized, and safe facility. The image of the store reflects Goodwill, the manager, and the team.
- Stocking our store with full and fresh product.
- All donations should be processed within 24 hours.
- Avoiding piles – If you have a pile, we have a problem.
- May be asked to participate in activities outside of Goodwill.
- Attends in-service and related training as assigned by the manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Prior experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team leader, team members, customers and donors.
- Ability to work within a team situation.
- Ability to maintain a positive, friendly attitude and a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to perform the essential functions with or without accommodation.
- Must be willing and able to work as scheduled to meet the needs of the store.
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
- Must make a commitment to drug-free workplace culture and policy.
- Able to stand, bend and reach.
- Able to lift, push, pull, carry or otherwise move up to forty (40) pounds with no support regularly. Over forty (40) pounds request for additional team member assistance as needed.
- Able to perform tasks that require repetitive motion. Manual dexterity is required.
Critical Performance Factors (CPF):
- Sales vs budget (Location vs goal)
- Safety – Goodwill Safety metric score
- Attendance – Works schedule as assigned, notify leadership as needed with no recurring issues.
- Transaction Value (Location vs goal)
- Customer Service (10 second rule internal and external customers, smile, integrity of process and feedback)
- Work Quantity – Hourly production vs. goal (units produced per hour ensuring fresh and full inventory)
- Work Integrity – Follows established procedures timely with a sense of urgency.
- Work Quality – Personal image, keeps work area/location clean, organized and individual safety performance.
- Role Model Worker % of RFT TMs (# of Full Time TMs that are RMW/MA vs non-RMW by %) vs goal
Job Location: Assigned store; some travel to other stores/main building may be necessary.
Technology and Equipment: Computer, I pad, supplies, pallet jack, and forklift (when licensed by Agency).