Reports To: Store Management Team
Mission Statement: Building Lives That Work.
Job Objective: To assist Store Manager and management team in sorting and preparing merchandise for sale on the retail floor; carry out the Marion Goodwill Industries, Inc. Mission Statement.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare merchandise for shipment to appropriate departments/locations; assists in stock rotation and maintaining racks in an organized and presentable manner.
- Meet or exceed hourly production goals ensuring daily goals are met.
- Assist in duties related to maintenance & cleanliness; performs general activities as assigned.
- Responsible for continually organizing and cleaning assigned work area (5 minute drill).
- Restock needed supplies
- Assume responsibility to work periodically without supervision.
- Maintain a positive, team-oriented relationship with peers & supervisors.
- Demonstrate consistent, positive behavior with all internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, ensuring correct information goes only to the appropriate person.
- Attend trainings/meetings as scheduled.
- Report any accidents/incidents and unsafe conditions to the store manager(s) and assists with completing appropriate reports.
- Always works following safety regulations and procedures.
- Is aware of and follows all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and ongoing training.
- Work as scheduled,being flexible when needed.
- Present positive public image for the betterment of the organization.
- Maintain confidentiality; ensures correct information goes only to the appropriate person(s).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Appropriately dressed in accordance with the employee dress code.
Critical Skills: High school graduate or GED preferred; some work experience preferred; desire to work with rehabilitation clients, employees and the public; team oriented; appropriate grooming and dressing; be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, squat, bend and twist; lift up to 50 pounds in a safe manner or obtain a safe method of doing so; able to pass alcohol/drug screening.
Job Location: Assigned location; some travel to other stores/main building.
Equipment: Sorting; tagging supplies; pallet jack; forklift (when licensed by Agency)