Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: VP of Marketing & Development
Revised Date: 10/19/2021
Mission Statement: Building Lives That Work.
This position is responsible for promoting Marion Goodwill Industries, Inc. and its mission and services to gain support, creating a positive image. Plan, schedule and carry out communication strategies. Coordinate and manage media campaign and other community events. S/he is to carry out the Mission Statement of Marion Goodwill Industries Inc.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and implements digital media strategy consistent with Goodwill’s overall PR/Marketing strategy and corporate strategic plan
- Develops content to creatively communicate Goodwill’s message; this includes but may not be limited to posts, tweets, articles, videos, and podcasts
- Stays up-to-date on digital tools and best practices
- Provides marketing and/or PR support for the retail, development, and human services departments
- Assists with the development and execution of community awareness campaigns and other branding and marketing activities
- Assists with writing press releases, newsletter articles and other general PR and marketing activities
- Works closely with all Goodwill departments to identify and vet success stories
- Identify, define, and develop community partners to support Goodwill through donation drives, and special event sponsorship. In advance, request marketing materials for partnerships. Report to Supervisor any transportation needs and/or volunteer help for partnerships.
- Complete assignments, projects, reports, and paperwork accurately and timely.
- Maintain appropriate memberships/attendance to enhance professional development.
- Provide exceptional customer service to donors, funders, and customers.
- Coordinates community relations and events throughout the territory.
- Build and maintain effective quality working relationships with internal and external customers. Act with customers in mind and dedication to gaining their trust and meeting their expectations.
- Utilize various marketing/public relations tools to educate various publics about Goodwill’s mission/services/programs.
- Keep Supervisor updated about events, meetings, advertising, contact information, or any other general marketing on a timely basis.
- Obtains approval for all PR material disseminated to consumers, employees and the community at large.
- Assist in planning and coordinating special events, (i.e. Wheel-A-Thon, Annual Meeting, fundraising events) and volunteer efforts for events.
- Maintain a positive team-oriented relationship with all employees and department managers; present a positive public image for the betterment of the Agency.
- Report emergency media/public relation situations to supervisor immediately.
- Report any accidents/incidents and unsafe conditions to the supervisor and assists with completing appropriate reports.
- Attend meetings/trainings/events as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or directed.
Relationship Management– The ability to manage interactions to provide service and to support the organization. This to include: Business Networking Expertise, Visibility, Customer Service, Advocacy, Creditability, Community Relations, Teamwork, Proactivity, Responsiveness
Consultation– The ability to provide guidance to organizational stakeholders. This to include: Project Management, Analytic Reasoning, Problem-solving, Inquisitiveness, Creativity and Innovation, Flexibility, Time Management
Leadership and Navigation– The ability to direct and contribute to initiatives and processes within the organization. This to include: Transformational and Functional Leadership, Results and Goal Oriented, Mission Driven, Change Management, Consensus Builder
Communication– The ability to effectively exchange information with stakeholders. This to include: Verbal, Written, and Presentation Communication Skills, Persuasion, Diplomacy, Perceptual Objectivity, Active Listening, Effective Timely Feedback, Facilitation Skills, Meeting Effectiveness, Social Technology and Social Media Savvy, Public Relations
Cultural Effectiveness– The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties. This to include: Diversity Perspective, Openness to Various Perceptiveness, Empathy, Openness to Experience, Tolerance for Ambiguity, Adaptability, Cultural Awareness and Respect
Ethical Practices– The ability to integrate core values, integrity, and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices. This to include: Rapport Building, Trust Building, Professionalism, Creditability, Personal and Professional Courage, Personal, Professional and Behavioral Integrity
Critical Evaluation– The ability to interpret information to make business decisions and recommendations. This to include: Measurement and Assessment Skills, Objectivity, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Curiosity and Inquisitiveness, Research Methodology, Decision-making, Knowledge Management
Business Acumen– The ability to understand and apply information to contribute to the organization’s strategic plan. This to include: Strategic Agility, Business Knowledge, Systems Thinking, Economic Awareness, Effective Administration, Departmental and Company Business Knowledge
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- At least four (4) years of full-time professional work experience in a comparable position.
- Excellent project coordination skills and ability to think strategically
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals and personalities with a demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Proficiency in completing assignments independently, on time and within budget
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- High standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in all Microsoft software applications/MAC proficiency is a plus
- Must have a desire to work with rehabilitation consumers, employees, and the public.
- Able to pass alcohol/drug screening
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, adequate personal liability insurance, and a driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance provider or review/waiver signed by the President/CEO.
Job Location: Marketing/Retail Office; will travel to locations throughout the organization and communities; some overnight travel at meetings and conferences.
Technology and Equipment: Copier; Scanner; Computer; Basic Internet and Email Usage; Instant Messaging; Zoom; Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams); Adobe Creative Suite, Social Media Apps