Reports To: Lead Job Coach
Mission Statement: Building lives that work.
Job Objective: This position is responsible for reinforcing of on-the-job training instruction, job tasks and related behavior skills in a manner that manifests the cooperative and collaborative mission of Goodwill.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops on-the-job training strategies and implements direct instruction for consumers on the work site. This includes, but is not limited to, specific skill training, adjustment to the work environment, and appropriate social interaction with co-workers and supervisors. Provides reinforcement and hands-on work orientation to encourage good work habits.
- Provides advocacy or non-instructional intervention that promotes adjustment to the work environment by assuring work-related needs are met and that rights and dignity are safe-guarded.
- Develops individualized task analysis and special training strategies based on consumer’s capabilities and job training needs.
- Assures that documentation for consumer’s progress is completed according to procedural guidelines.
- Coordinates work schedule. Ensures that consumers are working according to program guidelines and/or Marion Goodwill Employee Handbook.
- Reports employment issues to Supervisor.
- Ensures that timesheets are completed and collected each week.
- Obtains information on performance, site modification, and schedules in order to enhance integration.
- Prioritize work with daily/weekly goals.
- Assists and monitors to ensure programs are achieving outcome goals for programs. If program goals are not being achieved, develop an action plan with follow up to achieve desired goals.
- Ensures compliance in all audits, program requirements, and/or CARF standards.
- Build and maintain effective quality working relationships by providing exceptional customer service with internal and external customers. Act with customers in mind and dedication to gaining their trust and meeting their expectations.
- Maintain confidentiality of agency information including consumer information, agency finances, and executive decisions. Ensure correct information goes only to the appropriate person(s).
- Is aware of and follows all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and ongoing training.
- Attends meeting/training as scheduled.
- Reports any accidents/incidents and unsafe conditions to supervisor(s) and assists with completing appropriate reports. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Appropriately dressed in accordance with the employee dress code.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree preferred or five years’ related work experience accepted
- computer literacy, including competency with spreadsheets and word processing software
- accuracy in working
- multitasking and organization skill
- ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, customers and management
- ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- ability to work independently and with frequent interruptions
- ability to handle confidential information with discretion and tact
- desire to work with rehabilitation clients, employees and the public
- team orientation
- must be physically capable of lifting, stooping, squatting, standing, walking, reaching, bending
- appropriate dressing and grooming
- credentials and criminal background check required
- first aid CPR certified (training provided);
- ability to pass alcohol/drug screening
- a driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance provider and adequate personal liability insurance.
Job Location: Community based sites, Goodwill facilities; some travel to work sites, meetings and conferences.
Equipment: Computers with knowledge of, but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook and QuickBooks; adding machine, fax machine, copiers.