Reports To: Management Team
Mission Statement: To assist individuals with disabilities and other special needs to attain self-sufficiency through employment and training, thus enabling them to reach their maximum potential within the community.
Job Objective: This position is responsible for unloading and organizing donations; carry out the Marion Goodwill Industries, Inc. mission statement.
Essential Job Functions
- Receive donated goods from donors.
- Assist donors with unloading cars & carrying donations.
- Provide receipts to donors
- Collect and bag/box all donations brought in.
- Maintain accurate donation records of total donors on a daily and weekly basis.
- Organize donations as they are brought in, utilizing space available
- Assist with processing merchandise.
- Maintain a professional and courteous image while dealing with the public.
- Assist other attendants in keeping area neat and clean at all times.
- Assist truck drivers, to the best of their ability, when loading donations.
- Demonstrate consistent positive behavior with all internal and external customers and professionally communicate donation policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and ensure that correct information is communicated only to the appropriate person.
- Attend trainings/meetings as scheduled.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment by being aware of company safety policies and procedures and reporting any accidents/incidents and unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Assist with completing appropriate reports.
- Is aware of and follows all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and ongoing training.
- Work as scheduled, being flexible when needed.Maintain confidentiality; ensures correct information goes only to the appropriate person(s).
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Appropriately dressed in accordance with employee dress code.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Critical Skills: High school graduate or GED preferred; desire to work with rehabilitation consumers, employees and the public; team oriented; be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, squat, bend and twist, lift up to 70 lbs. in a safe manner or obtain a safe method of doing so, appropriate grooming and dressing. Able to pass alcohol/drug screening.
Job Location: Assigned location. Some travel to other stores.
Equipment: Material handling equipment, bags, donation slips,pallet jack, forklift (when certified by the agency), other needed supplies