Reports to: Store Management Team
Revised Date: 9/2023
To ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and stewardship of Goodwill through donor and customer relations, processing donated goods, quality control, to maximize profitability and increase training opportunities.
Under the general supervision of the manager, a trainer, or another designee, is responsible for customer service, facility security and maintenance, greeting and assisting donors, breakdown of donations and the maintenance of accurate donor records. Also, may be responsible for covering work shifts and working at different ADC sites as needed which are regularly permanently assigned, or closer to the team member’s home.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Greets donors in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner within 10 seconds; ensures donors receive assistance when unloading donations, offer tax receipts and maintain accurate daily counts of donations.
- Responsible for the stewardship of all donated items ensuring that donations remain property of Goodwill, and that donations are not used in a personal nature as they are guided through the process.
- Separates wares from textiles.
- Maintains drive-through and ADC site in accordance with image and safety standards.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining supplies in an efficient manner. Responsible to secure and appropriately use those supplies.
- Adheres to all Goodwill and personnel policies and procedures; follows good safety and security practices, including reporting safety hazards and injuries to the operations leadership team and/or risk management.
- Ensures proper accuracy of donor tracking and counts.
- Ensures proper use and accurate reporting of on-hand equipment.
- Works in a safe manner, adheres to proper handling of material movement equipment and communicates any safety hazards or concerns.
- Whenever possible, assist the Transportation team with the delivery and pick up of equipment both full and empty.
- Responsible for performing these and all assigned duties within the framework of our Guiding Principles:
- Using data for operational productivity
- We are committed to providing outstanding customer service.
- Greeting donors and shoppers within 10 seconds.
- Maintaining a clean, neat, organized, and safe facility. The image of the store reflects Goodwill, the manager, and the team.
- Stocking our store with full and fresh product..
- All donations should be processed within 24 hours.
- Avoiding piles – If you have a pile, we have a problem.
- Attending in-service and related training as assigned by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Read, write and communicate verbally and perform basic math skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Ability to perform the essential functions with or without accommodation.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationship with Supervisor, team members, customers and donors.
- Ability to work within a team situation.
- Ability to maintain a positive, friendly attitude and a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
- Must be able and willing to work as scheduled to meet the needs of the store.
- Must make a commitment to drug-free workplace culture and policy.
- Able to stand, bend and reach.
- Able to lift, push, pull, carry or otherwise move up to forty (40) pounds with no support regularly. Over forty (40) pounds request for additional team member assistance as needed.
- Able to perform tasks that require repetitive motion. Manual dexterity is required.
Critical Performance FActors (CPF):
- Safety – ADC Safety metric score
- Attendance – Works schedule as assigned, notify leadership as needed with no recurring issues.
- Quality of Work – (Attitude, sense of urgency, productivity, individual safety performance)
- Security and stewardship of location and donations
- Accuracy of donor counts
- Work Integrity – Follows established procedures and processes donations timely with a sense of urgency.
- Customer Service (10 second rule internal and external customers, smile, integrity of process and feedback)
- Reporting – Accurately reports equipment on -hand, communicates needs.
- Image – Personal image, keeps work area/location clean, safe, and organized with no donor creep.
- ADC Operations audit (includes operations and safety metric score)
- Role Model Worker % of RFT TMs (# of Full Time TMs that are RMW/MA vs non-RMW by %) vs goal.
Job Location: Assigned store; some travel to other stores/main building may be necessary.
Technology and Equipment: Computer, I pad, supplies, pallet jack, and forklift (when licensed by Agency).