Reports To: Distribution Center Coordinator/Distribution Center Assistant Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non – Exempt
Revised Date: 11/2020
Mission Statement: Building Lives that Work
To assist in the general operation of the Distribution Center and in sorting and preparing merchandise for sale on the retail floor; carry out the Marion Goodwill Industries, Inc. Mission Statement.
Essential Job Functions
To assist in the general operation of the Distribution Center including sorting and preparing merchandise and recycling. Working with transportation team to delivery merchandise and recycling in a timely manner and carry out the Marion Goodwill Industries, Inc. Mission Statement.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for maintaining open communication between store personnel and management.
- Communicate with team before, during and at the end of shift.
- Maintain confidentiality; ensure correct information goes only to the appropriate person(s).
- Present a positive public image for the betterment of the organization.
- Promotes special events with the direction of the appropriate person.
- Assist with ensuring all employee and customer concerns are resolved in a timely manner.
Hiring and Team development:
- Understand and follow Distribution Center Merchandise Processor job descriptions.
- Assist with the hiring process ensuring it is in accordance with Hiring Procedures.
- Receive and review hiring applications and verify minimum qualifications are met.
- Assist with developing and coaching employees to maximize their individual potential.
- Assist with holding team accountable to Marion Goodwill production standards
- Set goals with each employee, ensuring daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly goals are met.
- Assist with evaluating employee’s performance on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
- Lead and offer job duty guidance to personnel assigned.
- Ensure all training of new employees is complete and accurate.
- Ensures the neat, orderly and safe operation of an efficient ADC, sorting, recycling, sorting and Distribution Center
- Courteously and professionally greet donors and collect all donations, offering a receipt and supervising these same practices with all Distribution Center employees.
- Prepares merchandise for shipment to appropriate locations. (Textiles, Wares, etc.)
- In charge of meeting or exceeding daily production goals in wares and textiles.
- Assist with recycling program, ensuring bale, shoes and books are weighed and organized for shipment.
- Accepting incoming calls for donation pick-ups, scheduling appropriate time for the drivers, confirming schedule and ensure completion of pick-up and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in Contracts department supervision as needed.
- Assist with performing administrative tasks, including: accurate daily/weekly/monthly reporting & scheduling with all employees and work services participants.
- Assist with inventory control and ordering new goods with supervisor’s approval
- Assist with maintenance and security of inventory and equipment.
- Assure record keeping is accurate, complete and forwarded to the proper location in a timely manner as required.
- Is aware of and follows all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Policies & Procedures, and ongoing training.
- Ensure that all assigned employees are in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Attend meetings/training as scheduled and integrate information from training into operations where applicable
- Assist with reviewing all employee attendance with Coordinator. (Tardiness, absence, left early or arrived early.) Ensure appropriate actions are taken within a timely manner.
- Review department checklists with Coordinator/Assistant to ensure completion and follow up as needed.
- Assist with supply requisition and new goods ordering and/or inventory are completed by specific due dates.
- May be required to temporarily assist in other locations.
- Work as scheduled, being flexible when needed.
- Ensure lunches/breaks are scheduled with distribution center team and being taken on time.
Safety and Loss prevention:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and complying with all state and federal safety and health regulations as well as company safety policy and procedures.
- Assess emergency situations and take action as the need indicates reporting any such situation in writing and forwarding to the Safety Coordinator at the Corporate Office within 24 hours.
- Notify President/CEO of any property or physical injury by phone immediately.
- Provide constant surveillance of the entire building inside and outside for safety and loss prevention measures.
- Assist with ensuring monthly safety inspections are completed and submitted on time.
- Assist with ensuring the training and execution all Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls.
- Ensure the safe handling and usage of rolling blue tubs.
- Ensure the compliance with the Hazardous Communication Policy and Procedure (chemical labeling, Safety Data Sheets, and training).
- Ensure each department team cleans, restocks supplies, and maintains overall organization of department.
- Works with Janitorial Worker on cleaning schedule and checklist, communicating to President/CEO areas of concern or maintenance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work independently in a store team environment.
- High school graduate preferred.
- Some work experience preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older, have command of the English language sufficient to communicate with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Must possess leadership abilities (good communication skills; organization; accuracy; consistency; idea promotion).
- Must possess interpersonal skills with customers and employees.
- Must possess problem solving skills.
- Must have a desire to work with rehabilitation consumers, employees, and the public.
- Must be able to physically sort retail items.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, squat, bend and twist, reach for extended periods of time; push, pull, or lift up to 50 pounds in a safe manner.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to pass alcohol/drug screening.
- First Aid CPR Certified if assigned by Safety Coordinator (training provided)
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, adequate personal liability insurance, and a driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance provider.
Job Location: Assigned location; some travel to other stores/main building.
Technology and Equipment: Computers with knowledge of, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Zoom and ADP Software. Adding machine, sorting and tagging supplies, contracts packing supplies, pallet jack and forklift (when licensed by Agency)