Reports To: Store Management Team
Mission Statement: To assist individuals with disabilities and other special needs to attain self-sufficiency through employment and training, thus enabling them to reach their maximum potential within the community.
Job Objective: To assist Store Manager and management team by ensuring exceptional customer service that is both timely and accurate; carry out the Marion Goodwill Industries, Inc. mission statement.
Essential Job Functions
- Complete cashier training.
- Communicate with all internal and external customers to ensure that customer service is given in the highest quality possible.
- Demonstrate a professional, presentable appearance, including visible presence of the issued name tag and a positive attitude.
- Greet customers as they enter/exit the store in a positive and professional manor.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately ring purchases, reciting the price of each item.
- Make evident the ability to administer discounts when and where applicable.
- Display the ability to accept all methods of payment accepted by the store (cash, check, charge, value card, due bill and gift certificates).
- Make change accurately, repeats back to the customer the amount dispersed in dollars and cents.
- Ring credit card purchases accurately; takes responsibility for individually assigned register.
- Stay alert to surroundings and alerts management to any situation that seems dangerous and/or suspicious.
- Answer telephone and provide announcements in paging system as needed.
- Report any incidents/accidents to management team.
- Ensure that confidential information goes only to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintain a positive, team oriented relationship with peers and supervisors.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively promote sales and special events (company functions, store events, 50/50 drawings, etc.).
- Work with fellow employees to ensure that items on the sales floor are in the appropriate departments.
- Keep work area presentable and professional.
- Attend all training/meetings as scheduled.
- Work as scheduled, being flexible when needed.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.Maintain confidentiality; ensures correct information goes only to the appropriate person(s).
- Appropriately dressed in accordance with the employee dress code.
- Aid in the presentation of professional store displays.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Critical Skills: High school graduate or GED preferred; one year of customer service preferred; good mathematic skills; general knowledge of cash register; ability to change receipt paper and journal paper; desire to work with rehabilitation consumers, employees and the public; team orientation; appropriate grooming and dressing; ability to stand for long periods of time, stoop, squat, bend and twist; lift up to 50 pounds in a safe manner or obtain a safe method of doing so; able to pass alcohol/drug screening.
Job Location: Assigned store; some travel to other stores/main building.
Equipment: Cash register; adding machine; supplies