Reports To: Store Manager
Supervises: Assigned Store Employees
Mission Statement: Building lives that work.
Job Objective: This position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in the successful operation of the Goodwill Store. S/he will do and assist in: develop the entire store team; integrate rehabilitation services; offer quality retail merchandise; and maintain financial viability. Assist in the supervision of store personnel in department assigned; carry out the Marion Goodwill Industries, Inc. Mission Statement
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service, able to show customer respect at all times, and settling for nothing less than excellence while performing daily responsibilities.
- Observe the 10-foot rule, which ensures every customer encountered at this distance is aided in a polite and serviceable manner.
- Greet all customers with a pleasant, warm greeting and smile as they enter the building, direct customers to areas of the store as requested, and thank all customers as they exit the building.
- Promote sale of merchandise and special sale items.
- Demonstrate a professional, presentable appearance, including visible presence of the issued name tag according to Marion Goodwill dress code.
- Assist in developing and maintaining store appearance, ensuring a clean, organized, contemporary look.
- Responsible for maintaining open communication between store personnel and management.
- Maintain confidentiality; ensures correct information goes only to the appropriate person(s).
- Assist in special events with store management.
- Present a positive public image for the betterment of the organization.
- Communicate with Store Manager and Management team before, during and at the end of shift.
- Ensure all employee and customer concerns are resolved in a timely manor. Hiring and Team development:
- Understand and follow Retail Associate, Department Head, and Shift Supervisor Job Descriptions.
- Ensure that hiring process is in accordance with Hiring Procedures.
- Assist with recruiting and selecting future employees for Marion Goodwill.
- Receive and review hiring applications and verify minimum qualifications are met.
- Develop and coach employees to maximize their individual potential.
- Responsible for evaluating employee’s performance on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
- Assist with setting goals for each employee, ensuring monthly, quarterly and yearly goals are met.
- Hold team accountable to Marion Goodwill production standards.
- Lead and offer job duty guidance to personnel assigned.
- Ensure the training of employees is complete and accurate.
- Ensure Retail Associates, Department Heads and Shift Supervisors assigned are productive with job responsibilities and/or locating a manager to update the daily task list.
- Assist Store Manager with operating a profitable retail store.
- Assist with ensuring that direct expenses are at or below budgeted amounts.
- Effectively manage collection of donations and booth areas to ensure overall image and to maximize donor and landlord satisfaction where applicable.
- Responsible for operating effective sorting, pricing, and rotating strategies, using procedural guidelines.
- Ensure that the store meets or exceeds daily production goals in both wares and textiles.
- Responsible for ensuring corporate audit standards are met.
- Responsible for maximizing product through weekly/monthly shipments of high quality/price collectable and rare items to Shopgoodwill.com.
- Ensure all Round-up goals meet or exceed the monthly store budget.
Scheduling and Administration:
- Attend meetings/trainings as scheduled and integrate information from training into store operations where applicable.
- May be responsible for scheduling with the guidance of the Store Manager.
- Perform administrative tasks, including: accurate daily/weekly/monthly reporting; check-in and close-out procedures, including cash management.
- Ensure record keeping is accurate, complete and forwarded to the proper location in a timely manner as required.
- Is aware of and follows all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Policies & Procedures, and ongoing training.
- Ensure that all assigned employees are in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Receive and review all employee attendance with Store Manager. (Tardiness, absence, left early or arrived early.)
- Ensure store supply requisition and new goods ordering and/or inventory are completed by specific due dates.
- May be required to temporarily assist in other locations.•Ensure breaks/lunches are scheduled with Retail Associates and management team and taken on time.
- Ensure shift and department team cleans, restocks supplies, and maintains overall organization of department.
- Work as scheduled, being flexible when needed.Safety and Loss prevention:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and complying with all state and federal safety and health regulations as well as company safety policy and procedures.
- Assess emergency situations and takes action as the need indicates reporting any such situation in writing and forwarding to the Safety Coordinator at the Corporate Office within 24 hours.
- Notify V.P. of Retail Operations or Retail Director of any property or physical injury by phone immediately.
- Provide constant surveillance of the sales floor and backroom for safety and loss prevention measures.
- Count and balance the register cash drawers and safe daily. Prepare daily bank deposits.
- Responsible for proper use of all monitoring/security systems (cameras and alarms) and communicating any questionable behavior to direct supervisor or other appropriate person.
- Ensure monthly safety inspections are completed and submitted on time.
- Ensure the training and execution all Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls.
- Ensure the safe handling and usage of rolling blue bins.
- Ensure the compliance with the Hazardous Communication Policy and Procedure (chemical labeling, Safety Data Sheets, and training).
- Ensure each department team cleans, restocks supplies and maintains overall organization of department.
- Ensure compliance of sanitizing and labeling of bedding, upholstered furniture, stuffed toys, and filling materials.
- Provide constant surveillance of the entire building inside and outside for safety and loss prevention measures
Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Must be able to work independently in a store team environment.
- Academic preparation preferably at high school levelor GED.
- One year of retail experience preferred.
- One-year supervisory experience required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older, have command of the English language sufficient to communicate with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Must possess leadership abilities (good communication skills; organization; accuracy; consistency; idea promotion).
- Must possess problem solving skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with customers and employees.
- Must have a desire to work with rehabilitation consumers.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, squat, bend and twist, reach for extended periods of time; push, pull, or lift up to 50 pounds in a safe manner.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to pass alcohol/drug screening.
- Criminal background check required.
- First Aid CPR Certified if assigned by Safety Coordinator (training provided)
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, adequate personal liability insurance, and a driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance provider.
Job Location: Assigned store. May travel to other stores and throughout the organization; some travel required for meetings and conferences.
Equipment: Computer, Cash register, adding machine, supplies, pallet jack, security equipment, and forklift (when licensed by Agency).