In these interesting and challenging times Marion Goodwill’s priority is to protect the health and safety of our participants, customers, donors, and staff, and do our part to minimize the spread of COVID-19. We are invested in providing a safe environment for our program participants, Goodwill store donors and customers, and our employees. Below are details about some of the ways we are doing this in compliance with the social distancing plan for retail merchandise:
Our Goodwill® Stores
To help minimize the risk of spreading coronavirus and other diseases to customers, donors, and employees in our Goodwill stores, we have implemented the following practices:
- Scheduled wipe-down cleaning process with EPA-approved disinfectants.
- Storewide cleaning takes place every day.
- Extra attention is given to cleaning areas accessed by numerous people such as door handles, credit card keypads, and restrooms.
- Employees are encouraged to practice CDC-recommended prevention steps including washing their hands frequently throughout the workday, limiting close contact with others, and staying home if they are ill.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at cashier stations.
- We have disinfected the stores with an electrostatic cleaning process.
- We have 6-foot sections marked at cashier stations to help customers keep their distance from others.
- As needed, we are prepared to limit the number of customers in the store to help give everyone more space while shopping.
- We encourage customers and employees to practice 6-foot social distancing whenever possible.
- Masks are required for employees and customers unless one of the exclusions apply.
Goodwill stores provide funding for some of Marion Goodwill’s programs and services, as well as providing employment experience and opportunities. Thank you for supporting Goodwill.
If you have any questions about Marion Goodwill’s services or our response to the COVID-19 situation, please contact us. We’d be happy to talk with you.
Marion Goodwill Industries