Every 42 seconds of every business day, someone gets a good job, with help from Goodwill Industries International.
Marion Goodwill Industries, Inc. is one of over 160 independent, community-based Goodwills in the United States and Canada. While each agency has their own unique means of fulfilling their mission, they all have a shared vision of helping individuals find employment and improve their self worth.
The value of a paycheck earned is immeasurable to these individuals who have struggled to make themselves a viable part of their communities. Through customized job training, employment placement, and other services and programs, Goodwills all over the world are improving lives, one job at a time.
Goodwill International Results for 2010
- People served through employment and training programs: More than 2.4 million
- Workforce development services provided: 20.1 million
- People who earned a job with Goodwill’s help : Over 170,000
- Estimated total earnings of people who earned a job with Goodwill’s help: Over $2.7 billion
- Personal and family support services provided: 7.5 million
- Total revenue generated by Goodwill organizations: $4 billion
- Total revenue spent directly on programs: 84 percent
- Total number of donors (includes repeat donations): 74 million
- Total number of retail stores: Over 2,500 and an online auction site, www.shopgoodwill.com
To learn more about Goodwill International and other Goodwill networks, visit www.goodwill.org.
"Friends of Goodwill, be
dissatisfied with your work until every...person in your community has
an opportunity to develop to his fullest usefulness and enjoy a maximum
of abundant living."
– Goodwill's Founder, Rev. Edgar J. Helms
John has made a habit out of proving his doubters wrong. Born with cerebral palsy, he has always strived to prove ...
When speaking to Marion Goodwill employee, Rosa, you would not sense the tremendous pain and suffering she's been through ...
Stephanie struggles, like so many others, with low self-esteem. She didn't think she could handle having a job or even ...
Darlene came to Goodwill through the Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation (BVR) in Union County. She wanted to ...